Thursday 10 November 2011

Is it possible ........

........ I'm the only person in history who has had to resort to calling their cat OUT at night?










Nope! Didn't quite make it this time. But each day a little further. The problem is, he really wants to go out, he always used to go out, but now he finds he can't go out after dark and it's driving him crazy! His routine is shot!


Poor little guy! Ever since the bombing fireworks incident at the weekend he's been trembling in his little furry boots. So now he either waits until about 5 in the morning (when danger is no longer imminent and we're all fast asleep!) or I have to go out with him and watch his back. It's getting a bit wearisome trailing around after him like some lackey and I'm not sure the neighbours fully understand why I feel the need to poke around in the bushes at night! Consequently there's been some curtain twitching and I'm anticipating a visit from the local constabulary at some juncture!

Anyway, Austin is now officially in therapy and needs lots of support and TLC.

16 comments:

  1. Oh Austin, I so hate this for you. Bless your heart. xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Caro... you do provide your neighbors with such delightful fodder! I can only imagine what greatly exaggerated stories they have whirling in their heads about the comings and goings in your house!! And to think, it's all because of our sweet boy, Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austin, One good thing about these , You and your mom have a lots of time together : )
    and I hope time will cure your fear, my friend
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, poor Austin! Maybe over time he'll get braver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mommy can write a book entitled: Austin & Guy Fawkes: the scaredy cat chronicle. teeheehee...ooohhhh...you poor darling....lemme hug you... purrr....meow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, bless his heart. My dog is terrified of fireworks, so I can understand. It's sad how hard these holidays are for animals.

    At any rate, I have to laugh at you poking around in the bushes at night and the curtain twitching. LOL!

    Hugs to Austin, I hope he gets over his fear soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're much happier he's not outside at night. Too much trouble to get into. Purrs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry, but I totally understand. Hang in there Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Austin :(

    My guinea pig didn't like fireworks either. Strange as it sounds I'm glad he passed away a few months ago before the neighbours decided to launch missiles in their garden, it would have scared him to death!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone, Austin is basking in the sympathy, so am rationing his viewing!!

    He's already secretly writing his memoirs. Horrors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FaRADaY: Writing his memoirs? What a FAB idea! Two paws up, WAY up, on that one, Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Austin, some of us wouldn't step outside for a live burdy! And that's saying a lot. We LIKE the indoors...no nasty loud trucks attack us there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, I am so very sorry! Wish better times come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We heard the fireworks here on July 4th but we were safe inside and knew they couldn't hurt us...if we had been outside, we would have been under the woodshed quivering in our boots, too!

    Thanks everso for your visits and sweet comments on our bloggie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Austin I think it´s good that you don´t want to go out when it´s dark without your mom !!
    Sorry that you got soo scared by the fireworks though :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Dear Austin, sorry that you have been spooked so, we feel for you buddy. But at least you are safe and warm inside with your Mom, that's good.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you! :)