Wednesday 16 November 2011

It's a bit galling when ........

....... your all-in-one printer/scanner/copier has more of a social life than you do!

It is so state of the art that it comes with its own email address and games console! It gets messages in the night and downloads apps. I can't be sure, but I think it might be GPS enabled and spying for the KGB!

It's so independent that I reckon it's out surfing the interwebs, networking with all the other "all-in-ones" and plotting to take over the world on Facebook!

I'm terrified of it! It seems to turn itself on and off willy-nilly and plays a merry little tune before it coughs, heaves a little sigh and goes quiet. Then just when I think it's safe it decides I should play a game of Sudoku when actually what I really want to do is sort out the scanner settings!

It is also wifi enabled so there is no plug involved. I could be in another room minding my own business on the iPad, accidentally fumble and rest my thumb on "print" and end up with the complete works of Shakespeare on single sided A4 white, when all I wanted was to download the latest freebie from Amazon. And what the wingdings is a proxy port?
 

It copies, sorts photos, scans, sings, dances and does impressions. The one thing it doesn't do is print what I want!



30 comments:

  1. haha....mom has one of those too....so far she has it set up but it keeps telling her there is no paper...yes there is - WTH??? stupid technology.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom has one too but it not smart like yours.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh theese one is a good one! Loved your post, clever! Secretary Neytiri loves printers and it sounds like this fancy one would keep her occupied! Yep, we see what the problem is with the printing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. June, it's probably already in your house. Be afraid ...... !!!! lolol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha..Ha..Ha...Funny !!! But I wonder how the kitteh got in there ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. The printer thingey always scares the bee-jee-sus out of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dog! I'd love to have a printer like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh... funny but so true. Your printer sounds like my android phone of which I have a major love-hate relationship with. It will call people when I am nowhere near it, change settings randomly, and more times than not will disconnect every call I am on. Perhaps it could hook up with your printer for a happily ever after love story!

    Cute picture of the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I´m so sorry to hear that you have problem with your new all-in-one printer/scanner/copier or not *MOL*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does it also bring you breakfast in bed?

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA! Sometimes I feel like I have an electronic cloud hanging over my head too.

    That photo looks like a kitty-misfeed!
    ; )

    Thanks for your sweet comment on the blog today.
    xo Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What on Earth... o_O
    Can you drive it too maybe?!
    Yikes!
    For what it worth, I'm rubbish with ONE function contraptions, let alone something that can clearly multi-task!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! It has more of a social life than you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha ha, I love this post. I can definitely relate! Thanks for the laughs, and I love the kittehs! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahahaha. you kitties are funny.

    emma and buster

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that printer sounds way too technical for our old lady. It is all she can do to figure out how to make something print. That was such a good post and I love the picture.Too darn cute. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. we knows what those kittehs was doing, they was sitting on top of the scanner making tock copies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ROFL! This was funny. My printer is just a plain ol' model that doesn't do anything but print, scan and copy. I'd be freaked out if it surfed the net in the middle of the night. Isn't it funny though, how printers are cat magnets? Mine always want to sit on top.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just wanted you to know that this is the final week of Searching For A Girl!
    : ) enjoy the weekend,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Could Austin be somehow responsible for this unseemly behaviour of the multitasker thingamajik? purrr...meow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. There's always room for you, Austin. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, we're with Jan - we wouldn't want such an independent printer around here. Besides, Percy keeps Jan confused by stepping on the button to turn our own all in one printer contraption on.

    And to answer your question, your blog loads fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha! We have a printer that has a life of its own. Not as smart as yours but it scares the bejesus out of me when it parties in the other room! Maybe I could let it do Words with Friends... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! Maybe we should just let our printers do the thinking!! lol

      Delete

We LOVE to hear from you! :)