Tuesday 9 August 2011

Who's Irresistably Sweet?


Austin got this award from his pal Mr Puddy. Now they are both irresistibly sweet! It is a tough thing to come to terms with when you're a macho mancat. But like Mr P, Austin is a tux and tuxies are just irresistible anyway. It's just something you have to get used to. So thanks Mr P :) xx


Now the rules state that Austin has to say seven things about himself that are hitherto unknown, and then to pass award on to fifteen others. The first will be interesting from my point of view and the second will be impossible. So we'll deal with the interesting first before explaining the impossible.


Austin, the keyboard's all yours.


1) חגםנ הלכח φκλβδ φκλδξιθς ρθξη
(ok just making a small adjustment to the international keyboard button)


1) I'm not terribly good at learning new things, or at least that's the impression I work hard to convey. I live by the adage "Blessed is she who expecteth nothing, for she shall not be disappointed".


2) No one knows where I came from and I'm not about to let on now as I might be sent back and I like it here.


3) I have this thing about cleaning my right ear when I am having serious lap time. I can't help myself even though I try hard not to do it. It's comforting. She-who-knows-everything thinks I need help to overcome this compulsion, but I know she sucked her thumb until she was twenty-four. The words pot, kettle, black, come to mind!


4) I actually do know how to use the cat flap into the summerhouse, but I choose not to, as I like to make my senior human staff member trek up the garden to open the door as it is good for her.


5) My best pal is Tigger and he comes over and we hang out and chill together. Sometimes we fight and get on each other's nerves and sometimes I attack him all of a sudden like, so he doesn't get ideas about staying forever.


6) I am called Austin because I'm named after a make of car, apparently. When I was very little, I was cold so I climbed inside a car engine to keep warm. Bit silly really. All of a sudden my leg was bleeding and I was hurt. A vet mended it very nicely, but I have a bit of a lumpy place on my back. However, it doesn't hinder me climbing, jumping, scrapping, playing, patrolling, thinking, lounging, napping, stretching or scratching furniture. The only time I feel a twinge is when my human tries to make me go outside when it is cold.


7) I was fed up with my compact and bijou residence in the conservatory, so I kicked up such a fuss that now I have the run of the whole house all day AND ALL NIGHT!!! Hehehehehe!




It's me, the mere human again. Hmmmmm. Slightly more revealing than I felt was absolutely necessary!  


Now as to passing on to fifteen worthy blogs. I've thought and thought and decided that as every blog I visit is irresistible and/or sweet, all of you are worthy of the award, so take it if you would like to have it.  I know, I know. Cop out. But hey, I'm only human 

19 comments:

  1. Austin has amazingly good keyboard skills! ;) I found those seven really interesting, especially where he got his name. As for the ear thing, I guess its the kitty equivalent of biting nails and twisting our hair...poor things is always stressed over some problem or another. I put it down to big ginger....

    So, this award thingy, is this for animal related blogs only?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin, Salem and Sylvester totally concur on the sweetness of tuxies!
    We were amazed at the origin of your name and very glad you lived to receive it!
    The Tigger thing, well, we think he might be there to stay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely not restricted to animal related blogs, Sarah :))) I know you're right about Big Ginge :( x

    Katnip guys, Think you're right about Tigger :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. In that case, I'll take it IF you say I can....I know you said anyone can but I'd rather have you give it away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure you can, Sarah. With pleasure :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh...I can't deal with this anymore. First, I became pals with the excessively handsome woofie Oskar, and then the irresistably sweet Mr Puddy...and now I have to contend with another irresistably sweet Austin? Gosh...Thank Cod I'm excessively awesome! Talk about feline envy here. purrrr *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha..Ha.. Austin,
    I like #2, Yep Don't tell your human, she can't send you back..MOL
    and #4, Now my pawrents never make the cat door for me, because they guess I still love " The door Man "..Tee-hee
    I have a good time reading your 7 unknown Fact
    Have a great day Austin
    and Purrs for UK
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONCATULATIONS on your WELL DESERVED award! You ARE SWEET!!

    "sucked your thumb til you were 24???" I can't get past that lol, I thought I was bad sucking mine til I was about 10!!!! lol

    Loved learning how Austin got his name, this was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun post...wonderful stories.
    I think Katie has a little cat-crush.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Austin - no one needs to know where you came from - as long as you are loved and happy, then home is where your heart is!!!

    You are truly sweet and I must admit (don't tell my kitties), but I LOVE a tuxedo cat!!!

    Meows and purrs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats and they're is nothing unmanly about being irresistible! The best answer was finding out you're named after a car and being rescued from a terrible fate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know that I love love love reading about my fellow furries and this was a pleasure to mom and I. We did wonder how you came by your name. TCWCBM Robin, also was hurt in the same way as you. It hurt her much more and we were deeply grieved while she healed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so sweet you are giving me a toothache. i know i know that's an old line. b ut still your are really sweet.

    Emma and Buster

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone :)) you do make me smile with your comments ! >^,.^<

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on that sweet award, Austin. We enjoyed learing more about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recognize this writing. For sure i do, Mizz Zoe masters this too. Mostly on the weekly menu plan. Our Sunday menu looks very similar to Austin writing! Mizz Zoe is right, it is so important to be multilingual, isnt it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your award! It is well-deserved and we enjoyed learning more about Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh theese one is a good one! You folks are seriously funny over here! Congrats on your award and we loved your 7 things!

    ReplyDelete
  19. FaRADaY: Oh My Cat *wide eyed look* you mean they tried to RESTRICT you from Whole House Access??? *shakes head* oh that never works with a clever kitteh!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you! :)