Thursday 5 January 2012

In which we receive An Award and Austin is almost cuddled!


Many delighted thanks to Haopee over at My Dogs Love Me for awarding this to the team here at CATachresis. Austin is supposed to be making a speech, but as it seems he can only do it in Welsh, it has been left to me to do the ceremonial bit!

Liebster means "dearest" in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. Well, as I've been "up-and-coming" for quite some time now, I am more than happy to accept this award in the hopes that I will arrive at some stage during 2012!

Of course, I couldn't do this blog without the help of Austin who is my muse and who keeps me amused on a daily basis. Today, for instance, he kept me amused by making me run around after Martin-the-LaserMouse while he sat and blinked down on me lovingly from on top the bookcase!

Life is so full.

Now it behoves me to pass the award on to some other deserving parvenus up-comers. As I don't want to distress anyone unduly, I will name some names and then run for cover. Please, if you are named, will you step forward and receive your award from the paw of Austin, bow or curtsey and then back away slowly. Whatever you do, keep smiling and don't make eye contact! Then if you want you can:

1. Copy and paste the award on your blog
2. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award (me!).
3. Pick your five favourite blogs, with less than 200 followers and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.



Easy peasy :)


And now here is Austin looking pleased

Then we have a moment


 …….before he realises

…..that…. 

"…..Aaarhhggggghhhh….."

"…….I'm having an unauthorised cuddle……."

"….. I'm outta here!"

Oh well! Moving on …….

Here are some of the blogs who we think really deserve to be Liebstered:

Katie and Glogirly (An absolute sweetie)
Kjelle Bus (Swish and Swedish)
Hart Stories (Meg is the human who has escaped from Housecat Confidential!)
The Meow Factor (that Angelina Jolie is a superstar!)
Lilly the Cat (very new and a comic genius)

No worries if you don't want it or already have it, just smile and wave to the crowds :~)  

27 comments:

  1. Oh Carolyn & Austin....you make me blush. ...well as much as a tuxedo kitty can. ; ) Thank you very much for the SUPER sweet award.

    For some reason, Glogirly is just loving the photo sequence of you two. Something about me and Austin having something in common. hmmmmm.

    Thank you for the Liebster Award!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the award, The two of you truly deserve it. I am sure the cuddle was authorized just on translated on time...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahem.... "I would like to thank members of the Academy; cast, crew and the genius behind SALT, my beloved family, my fans...who am I without you...."

    psst...Angelina, this is the Liebster, not the Oscars...

    ooops....sorry....oh...hi Austin and Aunty Caro. But for sure this award will be up there on the same shelves as the Oscars...purrr...meow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all who have received this pestigeous award.

    Well done David for capturing the rare moment when Austin forgot himself and almost endured a cuddle.

    Well done Caro for taking life in hands, and risking SASS. (scratch and shun syndrome).

    :-)

    Bruv.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ConCATulations to the Liebster award and thank´s a lot for passing it on to me !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so hilarious... Austin's questioning the hug!!!

    UNAUTHORIZED HUG ALERT!

    Lol, just because he got the Liebster, doesn't mean he can be all pompous like and question your hugs.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glogirly and Katie, you blush away. Austin likes a girly glo!!! Love your blog :)

    Paula, maybe I should use Google translate eh!! lol

    Angelina, I knew I could count on you to do the whole red carpet thing lol xxox

    Simon SASS lolol. So true and very pestigious indeed x

    Kejje, you're very welcome :)

    Haopee, lolol now you know the trouble I have to deal with hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand! It never ceases to amaze me how cats can be so insistent on attention, but the minute ya pick 'em up, it's over and they're out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha ha!
    We're not sure Austin is looking *pleased* in the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you Austin...you are like most of my kitties. They don't like to be held at all. You did good! My ragdoll Marley loves to be held..hes the only one though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rumpy, Go figure!

    Tucker, thanks :)

    Katnip, trust me, that is *pleased*.

    Melody, I've told Austin I want to trade him in for a Ragdoll ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear Austin doesn't like cuddles! I regularly house-sit for two Burmese cats who just love being held and cuddled all the time - and they have the softest fur imaginable. I feel very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehehehe! Austin is so pretty!!!!! Lovely cat!
    Kisses
    Marilia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nicky, I'm glad you get to have some quality time with some kitties these days :) I guess I have to put up with a characterful cat that doesn't like cuddles. He insists on lap time though :)

    Marilia, I have to admit he is cute - he knows it too lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Austin! You got cuddled! Haha!!

    Congrats on your award!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really do crack me up Carolyn! I've thought you were up and coming for awhile now. I have to agree with Trish "Pleased" isn't what I first thought of...

    And wow thanks for the shout out and award!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to you and Austin for the wonderful award. Nice sequence of pictures with this post as well. Have a great weekend.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on both the award and Austin's pseudo-cuddle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH my COD, Austin, you let that woman cuddle you?? How could you do that. By the way, the pictures are just purrfect. Our Mom is falling off her chair, she is laughing so hard. But a big conga rats on the award. And another Thank COD, you didn't pick us to have the award. We just have so many, there isn't room for any more. Just kidding, this is one terrific post. Take care and try to have a good Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations :D he looks chuffed...well, his version anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww no new post yet!!! I wanna read more about Austin's life!!!

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  22. AUSTIN! You REALLY need to let your mommy cuddle you more. My goodness. BUT to tell the truth, Admiral had cuddles and snuggles on her own terms too. In bed, yes, day or night and while on my lap..and if I came to whewre she may have been on the floor. BUT if she was in a chair..any chair..mommy had better back off. She always had her way. I will see if I can learn some Welsh. :-)))

    xoxoxo Mom Carole

    ReplyDelete
  23. MOL!!! Austin! Did you survive the Trauma of an Unauthorised Cuddle?????

    ReplyDelete
  24. You two are very entertaining over here! Congrats on your Award, loved your post, gave us a great chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A belated congratulations on your award!!! Definitely well-deserved. I was really looking forward to Austin's speech, but the pics will have to do haha. I hope he's recovered from that cuddling, poor guy.

    Have a great weekend, Carolyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! You are so sweet and thoughtful! Thank you for thinking me worthy of the awards!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you! :)